We are delighted to announce that IACA will present the 16th round of its Excellence in Currency: 2022 Coin Awards in three special categories at the Coin Conference in Amsterdam (October 17-19, 2022):
- Best New Commemorative or Test Circulating Coin Issued at Face Value
- Best New Coin Product, Feature, or Distribution Innovation
- Best New Environmental Sustainability Project for Coins
Projects of any issuer of coins, central bank or ministry of finance, mint, organisation or individual supplying products, services or systems for coin production, distribution, processing or management are eligible for nomination in the appropriate categories. Self-nomination by such organisations is allowable and encouraged.
IACA’s Guidelines for IACA’s Excellence in Currency Awards and the Coin Award Criteria can be found https://currencyaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/IACA-Award-Guidelines-and-Criteria-final-2022-Coin-Awards.pdf
We developed this document to provide transparency and offer guidance on our criteria. Nominations that reflect the criteria and follow the guidelines will have the best chance of success.
Nominations in all categories for award in Amsterdam are limited to the eligibility period from January 1, 2020, through May 31, 2022. All projects must have been issued or completed during this time period.
Thank you to our Judging Committee Members:
- Maarten Brouwer, Business Consultant; formerly CEO of Royal Dutch Mint and Sec. Gen. of MDC
- Jon Cameron, Consultant, Cameron Associates LLC; formerly with the US Mint, BEP, and Federal Reserve
- Brian Lang, VP IACA and former Head of Currency, RBNZ
- Astrid Mitchell, Chief Executive, Reconnaissance International
- Richard Wall, Chairman of IACA; former MD of Currency, Bank of Canada
- Lydia Yip, Advisor to Central Banks; former Head of Currency, HKMA