Finalists for 2017 IACA Excellence in Currency Awards
The finalists are as follows:
Best New Banknote or Series
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand – $5, 10, 20, 50, 100, New Zealand’s Series 7 polymer banknotes, named “Brighter Money”.
- Central Bank of Seychelles – 25, 50, 100, 500 Rupee. The theme of the 4 new banknotes is Seychelles’ unique biodiversity with key endemic species portrayed on the fronts and backs.
- Swiss National Bank – The new 50-franc note theme is «The Wind». The inspiration behind the new Swiss banknote series is the many facets of Switzerland.
Best New Commemorative or Limited circulation banknote
- The People’s Bank of China – China Aerospace Commemorative Note (Denomination 100 yuan), to commemorate the great achievements in Chinese manned space industry,
- Central Bank of Oman – 1 Rial, designed to commemorate the 45th National day.
- National Bank of Poland – A commemorative 20 zloty banknote to celebrate the 1050th Anniversary of the Baptism in Poland.
Best Banknote Processing Innovation
- Banque du Liban – A Fully Automated Cash Transactions System (FACTS)
- Cash Processing Solutions – DLR®7000 QC – a new approach to banknote quality inspection.
- Giesecke & Devrient – SeriTrack™ Discovery, a flexible data analytics solution.
- Innovia – A Guardian Recycling Program – establishing a network of regional recycling facilities in major geographical regions around the world.
Best Communications Program
- Bank of Canada – Is she #bankNOTEable? A public consultation to select a Canadian woman who would appear on a bank note in 2018.
- European Central Bank – four communication initiatives for the new Euro 20 and 50 banknotes: Direct Marketing, Partnership, Euro Run Initiative and the new 50 Euro film.
- Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas – Information Campaign on the Demonetization of the Old Banknote Series.
Best New House Note
This is a new category of IACA award; it attracted 8 high quality nominations. In honor of the 10th Anniversary of IACA’s Excellence in Currency Awards, the 8 nominated house notes will be exhibited by IACA at the Currency Conference. The award winner will be determined by a vote of central bank conference delegates while in Kuala Lumpur. The nominations are:
- Arjowiggins Security: Higgs Boson note
- Crane Currency: Moon Jellyfish note
- De la Rue: Barn Owl note
- Kurz: Colorful World “77” Dragon note
- Louisenthal: Water note
- Oberthur Fiduciaire: Five States of Matter notes
- Polish Security Printing Works: Chess note
- Consortium Jura, Landqart, Komori, GSI, Kurz: Lupo note