BANQUE NATIONALE DU RWANDA
The National Bank of Rwanda (NBR) is a national institution with civil status as well as administrative and financial autonomy. The Bank with its headquarters in Kigali, advises the Government in the definition and the conduct of economic and financial policy.
- Decrees norms that govern the organization and functioning of monetary and foreign exchange markets
- Approves the suspension and withdrawal of permits to operate as a financial institution
- Deliberates on the creation, the issuance, the withdrawal or exchange of banknotes and coins and determines their characteristics submitting them to the government for approval
- Acts as the government’s financial agent for all operations in cash, banking and credit.
- Ensures the control & supervision of the financial & banking system.