BANQUE DU LIBAN
Website: WWW. BDL.GOV.LB
The Banque du Liban was established by the Code of Money and Credit promulgated on the 1st of August 1963, by Decree no. 13513. It started to operate effectively on 1st April, 1964.
BDL is a legal public entity enjoying financial and administrative autonomy. It is not subject to the administrative and management rules and controls applicable to the public sector. Its capital is totally appropriated by the State.
This Mission Consists of :-
- Safeguard of monetary and economic stability
- Safeguard of the soundness of the banking sector
- Development of money and financial markets
- Development and regulation of the payment systems and instruments
- Development and regulation of money transfer operations including electronic transfers
- Development and regulation of the clearing and settlement operations relative to different financial and payment instruments and marketable bonds