BANQUE DE LA REPUBLIQUE D’HAITI
(Please note, this website is in French.)
The Bank of the Republic of Haiti (BRH) is a public agency enjoying a legal status and financial self-government. It is headquartered in Port-au-Prince.
Founded on August 17th, 1979 the BRH is given the responsibility of:
- Determining General Banking Policy
- Supervising Monetary Policy
- Supplying a National Currency
- Defending the Value of the Currency
- Assuring the effectiveness, development and integrity of the system of payments,
- Assuring the stability of the financial system and
- Acting as the banker, cashier and fiscal agent of the State.
The National Currency is the gourdes and denominations in circulation range from 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, and 500.